This policy is to provide you with information on cookies, about how Clarks makes use of them and how they relate to your privacy online.
About Clarks Cookies - supporting your informed choice
The detail contained on this page is provided to ensure you are fully aware of the cookies we use, allowing you to make an informed choice about your continued acceptance of cookies. We want you to be confident in using our websites, and for you to be satisfied that your privacy is of utmost importance to us.
What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of computer code that allow small amounts of information to be passed from your internet browser to our web server. They allow websites to recognise your PC, mobile, tablet or other device as you browse. For more detailed information about how cookies work, please visit https://cookiepedia.co.uk/all-about-cookies*.
By visiting our websites with cookies enabled you are consenting to the use of non-essential cookies and acknowledging our use of essential cookies for the purposes outlined below to provide you with a fully functional, tailored shopping experience.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Data passed by cookies will never contain your name, address, telephone number or payment details.
Below are the types of cookies we set across our websites:
1. Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable us to serve website content to you, or enable you to use our shopping cart.
2. Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
3. Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you visit our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
4. Advertising or targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We share this information with third party advertisers allowing them to build up a profile of your interests through your browsing history. They then use this information to display more targeted adverts to you, based on your perceived interests.
5. Social media cookies. These cookies record your behavior on our website and to allow us to show you more compelling content both on our website and in the social media channel, based on your profile of interests.
We complete regular cookie audits and work with our partner, OneTrust, to complete these on our transactional websites.
Cookies on this website
How to manage cookies
You can block cookies either by using the cookie controls in the OneTrust consent mechanism or by using your browser, activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
However, it is currently not possible to delete the IBM Digital Analytics (website analytics), Monetate, AgilOne (functional personalisation) or Bazaarvoice (functional customer reviews) cookies using the OneTrust consent mechanism. YouTube may also set cookies in your browser if you load a website page containing embedded YouTube videos. Please use your browser to delete these cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact the functionality of a website. Many of the interactive functions offered by websites are dependent on cookies and disabling or blocking cookies can prevent these services from working or reduce their usefulness.
Different web browsers may use different methods for managing cookies. Please follow the instructions on the Cookiepedia website* to configure your browser settings.
* This links to a third party website, over which we have no control – no liability can be claimed if it displays inaccurate information
CHANGES TO THIS COOKIES POLICY AND MORE INFORMATION
Any changes to this cookies policy in the future will be posted on this page and we will take all measures necessary to communicate any changes to this cookies policy to you. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this cookies policy. We will also bring your attention to such changes by updating our cookie banner/ pop-up.
Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/ *.
This policy was last reviewed and updated: 30/7/2020