WE'VE TRIED HARD TO MAKE THE CLARKS OUTLET WEBSITE USER-FRIENDLY AND ACCESSIBLE
This website is owned and operated by C & J Clark International Limited.
Our registered office is at 40 High Street, Street, Somerset BA16 0EQ.
Our company registration number is 00141015.
The VAT number for the group of companies we are part of is 129910363.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is C & J Clark International Ltd of 40 High Street, Street, Somerset, BA16 0EQ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US:
You may give us data by filling in forms on our website www.clarksoutlet.co.uk or in correspondence with us. This includes information you give us when you register, search for a product, place an order, and when you report a problem. This may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit or debit card information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU:
Each time you visit our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the website addresses (known as URLs) you use to access and navigate to, in, and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); methods used to browse away from the page; and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including business partners, technical, payment and delivery services providers, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THIS INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US:
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we enter with you, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU:
We will use this information:
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the same purposes as information you give to us and information we collect about you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group of companies (which means our subsidiaries, our parent company and its subsidiaries).
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Outlet.CustomerCare@Clarks.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.